Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wake up call

This past Saturday was a beautiful morning. The sun was shining, a nice breeze was blowing, and the temperature was perfect, perfecting for the team training. I was very tired this morning but I got out there anyway and enjoyed spring in Texas because before tooo long it will be gone.

My training plan said 5 miles but I was the only one there Saturday on the 5 mile route so I joined the 7 mile group.  Why not, right?  Next week I will be there, anyway.  I figured I might as well move on up!

I did not jog nearly as much as I would have liked but I had not stayed hydrated the week before while I was traveling and was very tired. This was my wake up call.  FOCUS!   I got out there and put in the time and at the end of the day that is the mindset needed to finish the race in June, go me!

This week I am in town and will be able to focus more on the training and make sure I stay hydrated and eat right.  San Francisco is one of my favorite cities and has amazing food!  I ended up out with co workers/friends having fun rather than taking care of business.  :)   Back to focusing on the task at hand.

Here is to a great week of training this week!

Til next time.  I am grateful,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment