Saturday, April 9, 2011

Team time

This morning began with the alarm squeaking at me quietly so I would not wake my husband. <I am not a morning person>  I wanted to get up earlier so I would have time to hydrate and eat some breakfast before heading out to meet the team for the Saturday morning training.

I am not sure how successful I was at not waking the husband as I did not gather my running gear the night before so I was using the flashlight on my phone to go in and out of the bed room.  <sorry honey, will do better next week>  Off to McKinney, I go.  Mentally saying 7 miles walking or running is still 7 miles, Go B, go!

This morning the training calendar said 7 miles.  So here we have it:




For those of you who have never been a part of a Team In Training event each Saturday morning we talk about our fundraising, we cheer the folks who had an awesome week, share tips and then there is a mission moment.  Mission moments are reminders of why we are participating in Team In Training.

Today a mother shared with us her passion for finding a cure for leukemia.  She shared with us about her son and her family. What a brave little boy who fought and unfortunately did not win the leukemia battle.  I cannot begin to imagine how this impacts a family.  She shared with us how they honor his life by continuing to help raise awareness and funds to find a cure for blood cancers so, some day, no other families will have to go through what they did.  Tears are not uncommon on Saturday morning and today was no different. 

If you know someone who has battled these cancers and you can spare even 1 dollar please honor them by contributing to the cause.  You may do so one of two ways:

Click the "Donate Now" link on the right hand column of this blog or you may make a check out to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and email me at Brenda75035@gmail.com for the mailing address.

In addition, if my conversion from couch potato to enrollee and training for an endurance event has inspired you to get involved.  Please email me or post a comment to the blog.  I can tell you how to become a participant in the Team In Training program.  It is a WIN/WIN experience!  My life has been blessed in so many ways by participating in such an amazing program. 

I am grateful,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment