Saturday, January 29, 2011

Looking for Purpose

2011 was approaching and I kept feeling the need for something more in my personal life.  I am infamous for never finishing what I start.  Ask my scrapbook group about the last paper page I completed. In my defense, I may create a beautiful page but photo's never make it on.  :) 

This thought kept rolling around in my head, "I need to start and finish one thing in 2011".  The question is what do I want to do?

Then I had a phone conversation with a friend and colleague in December and we were talking about his desire to train for a triathlon.  He mentioned his participation with Team In Training a few years ago and he thought I should look into it. 

So here I am, signed up for a half marathon and very excited to participate and contribute to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. 

PS.  I have never run and I am no spring chicken.  I hope my female parts do not fall out!  Many thanks to a dear friend for planting that in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment