Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 1 Training complete - Check

Day 1 simply said 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise - CHECK.

I put on the Couch to 5 k running program and started week 1.  Walk 5 to warm up and then alternate between 90 second run and 120 second walk. Wash, Rinse, Repeat for about 20 minutes, then 5-10 minute cool down. 

So I have a funny confession.  I don't think I have turned on the treadmill since we adopted our dog Roxi.  (for inquiring minds that want to know we adopted Roxi about a year ago, lol)   I am famous for not planning so I realize during the warm up that I cannot hear the podcast.  So I asked my husband to connect the iPhone into the speaker dock so I can hear the evil voice tell me when to run and walk.  I like the speaker dock because I hate wearing ear buds, they make my ears sweat and itch.  That was probably an over sharing penalty, but get used to it this is one of many to come.  Meanwhile, I am trying to remain focused so I don't miss the evil voice relieving me to the 120 second walk portion but I am laughing and shaking my head because Roxi is running to and fro and in circles, freaking out over the treadmill. 

The other dog is just looking at me like I am crazy and the cat is taking advantage of the camera being out and posing with his mouth open.  I think he was secretly mocking me, so not cool.  The cat gets no treats tonight.

Well, day 1 is complete.  Time to shower and snuggle up with my book before bedtime.  Have a good night/day.

I am Grateful,
Brenda

4 comments:

  1. Cappy was just cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cappy is such a ham. He was just wanting attention. The bottom picture was taken first as if he was saying "Hey.... Over here.". Once I started taking pictures, of course he hammed it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work! My kitties don't like the treadmill either - Gracie is afraid of it (no surprise, she's afraid of everything) and Lily doesn't know what to think. She just sits at a safe distance & watches.

    ReplyDelete